South African Inspired Potato Salad
A recipe from Linda Johnson. The carrots may not normally be added in a South African Potato Salad, but she adds them for color and nutrition. Cooking time doesn't include time to cook potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups potatoes, diced and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, fresh grated
- 1⁄4 cup chives, fresh chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tofu sour cream or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise or 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tomatoes, grape for garnish
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, fresh chopped for garnish
- Mix the sour cream, Vegenaise or miracle whip and all the seasonings together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently until well blended.
- Garnish with parsley and grape tomatoes. Chill in refrigerator until serving time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This salad was okay, but I found was kind of lacking in flavour or perhaps just needed a little bit of sweetness or more tang. It looked great with the shreds of carrot, green chives and yellow base from the tumeric. I used fat free sour cream and light miracle whip. Definitely a different potato salad than what I am used to. Thanks! Reviewed during ZWT 4.Reply