- Ready In:
- 4 (1/2 lb) steaks, 1/2 pound each
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 sprigs thyme (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Season steaks generously with salt and pepper. Place in sous-vide bags along with aromatics and distribute evenly. Seal bags and place in water bath set at desired temperature (see note). Allow steaks to cook for at least 45 minutes, and up to 12 hours.
- When ready to eat, add oil to heavy-bottomed stainless-steel or cast iron skillet large enough to hold steaks comfortably in single layer. Heat over high heat until oil is beginning to smoke. Meanwhile, remove steaks from bag and carefully pat dry on paper towels. Carefully steaks to smoking oil and cook until well browned on all sides, about 2 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!