This bread is so easy it's not mine I found it on the net and I have used it many times with various toppings
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups of refreshed sourdough starter
- 1⁄4 cup oil (I use olive bit salad is ok)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon oil, for the top
- Combine the the above ingredients, kneading in flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- Let rise till double, punch down, and kneed a little to let the gases out.
- Let the dough relax for 10 minutes or so .
- Roll the dough into an oval about 9x6 and place on your favourite baking surface.
- The dough should be about an inch thick.
- Make dents all over the surface of the dough.
- Pour on olive oil liberally and spread it all around. It will pool in the dents.
- Top with herbs and spices, and possibly parmesan.
- My favourite is fresh ground black pepper and coarsely ground salt,.
- Let rise until double again, and bake at 450°F for 15 to 20 minutes,or until brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation