Sourdough Bread for the Bread Maker Machine
photo by Domajazz
- Ready In:
1 Loaf (1.5#)
Spray your bread pan with Olive Oil spray and add ingredients in this order:
- 10 ounces of Sourdough Starter.
- 4-6 ounces (about ½ cup) Warm water (not hot).
- ½ tsp salt.
- 2 TBSP Sugar.
- Once you have all these ingredients in bottom of pan add the flour on top and make a slight hole in the middle to add yeast and cover with flour
- Don’t upset the wet ingredients with flour or yeast.
- 3 ¼ cups BREAD Flour.
- 1 ½ tsp Yeast (I have used BEER yeast in blocks you can get at some grocer’s, this is great too).
In Bread Maker Machine:
- Bake as a normal (white) loaf with desired crust color.
- I always check the blending to be certain it is not too wet or too dry – you can adjust with water or bread flour – you can even remove the (lump) from the breadmaker and hand knead for a minute on floured countertop.
- There should be no problem for this dough to rise and cook nicely.
- Lastly, once it’s DONE – be there to remove from pan ASAP. (If it sits the moisture in the breadmaker can deform loaf and make soggy.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!