Sour Cream Snickerdoodles
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and 1/2 cup granulated sugar for a few minutes, until smooth and fluffy. Add the egg, sour cream, and vanilla, mixing well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, salt, and flour. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of sugar with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Using a small ice cream scoop or a medium-sized spoon (scoops of dough should be about 2 inches in diameter), roll each ball of dough in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, placing them on the baking sheets, about an inch apart.
- Note: The dough is much stickier than your typical snickerdoodle dough. The trick to coating them in sugar is to roll them around by moving and shaking the bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!