Sour Cream Shrimp Curry
Great do ahead dish. Goes well with "green rice" posted under a separate recipe. Compliments any buffet table for brunch, lunch or dinner
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- Place the butter, green onion, green pepper and garlic in a large microproof dish, cover and microwave on high 100% power for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, curry,salt& pepper, worcestershire& dry mustard.
- Cover and microwave on high 100% power for 4-6 minutes until the mushrooms are soft, stir half way through the cooking time.
- Stir in the sour cream& shrimp microwave on medium 50% power 3-5 minutes until heated through, stir once during cooking time.
- Serve with Toasted almonds on top.
- NB: You can make this dish ahead and reheat using Medium 50% power.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is very wonderful! DH hummed through his dinner. I made as directed with one exception....I did not put in the bell pepper because I just can not eat them. I cut this down to serve 4 and we all thoroughly enjoyed this. I served this with your "recipe #22377". Thank you Bergy for this yummy recipe I will be making again.Reply