Sour Cream Scones With Banana Jam and Vanilla Cream
- Ready In:
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 300 ml sour cream (Pura brand used)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- flour (extra for dusting)
- milk (extra for brushing)
- 300 ml thickened cream (Pura brand used)
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 bananas (large roughly chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Place flour and salt in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre and stir in sour cream and milk to form a soft dough.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface until just smooth.
- Pat to 2cm thickness and cut into round with a floured 4cm to 5cm scone cutter, taking care not to twist as you cut.
- Place on a oven tray and brush only the tops with milk and then place in the oven in the top upper half and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Banana Jam - combine 1/4 cup thicken cream in a fry pan and brown sugar and heat until melted and then add bananas and cinnamon and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally, until thick and jam like.
- Vanilla Cream - lightly whip remaining cream, sugar and vanilla together until soft peaks form.
- Serve scones with banana jam and vanilla cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.