Sour Cream Cranberry Bars
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe, in its original form, came from the 2009 cookbook, Taste of Home Best Church Supper Recipes. I've tweaked it a bit to my own satisfaction.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon zest, minced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (yes, again)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F & set out a 13"x9" glass baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter & brown sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oats & the 1 1/2 cups of flour, then add this flour mixture to the butter mixture, blending well.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of this crumb mixture. Press the remaining amount of the crumb mixture into the ungreased baking dish, then bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cranberries, sour cream, sugar, egg, lemon zest, vanilla & the 2 tablespoons of flour, mixing well.
- When the crust has finished baking, spread the cranberry mixture over the crust & sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned, then cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars. Refrigerate completely cooled bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION