Sour Cream Coffee Cake With Coffee Icing
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180 degrees Celcius.
- Lightly grease and line a 10 by 20cm loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and cinnamon together.
- Fold into creamed mixture, slowly adding the coffee and sour cream, mix until combined.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked, test with a skewer.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
- COFFEE ICING.
- Combine icing sugar and butter in a small heatproof bowl.
- Stir in enough coffee to make a smooth paste.
- Place over a saucepan of simmering water and gently heat, stirring for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is spreadable.
- Spread over the cooled cake with a spatula.
- Sprinle with pecans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!