Sour Cream Coffee Cake (Baking Options)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 350°F Grease a bundt pan or a 13x9 pan, if cutting recipe in half grease a 8x8 pan.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in sour cream and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir just until well mixed. Do not over mix. Place half of batter in greased pan.
- Combine ingredients for topping. Sprinkle half of the topping mixture over the batter in the pan. Top with remaining batter and remaining topping. The 13x9 is a single layer only.
- *Bundt pan bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate.
- *13x9 inch pan bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve from pan.
- *For half recipe use a 8x8 pan and bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve from pan.
Join The Conversation
I made this on May 25th.2012 for the " Down On The Farm " Event in the Food Photo Forum. Except for cutting the recipe in half and using almonds instead of walnuts,the recipe was made as it was written. And for my " Baking Option " I used an 8 x 8 inch pan, the baking time of 25 minutes @ 350 degrees was just right. But after eating a piece the next day, I did find the cake part too be just a bit dry. Thanks for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "