Sour Cream Coffee Cake
photo by CountryLady
- Ready In:
- Cream butter with sugar in a large bowl& beat until light.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder& soda in a medium bowl.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with the sour cream in about 4 additions, beginning& ending with flour.
- Spoon half the batter into a buttered 8 inch baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar with nuts& cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle half on the batter.
- Top with remaining batter& sprinkle with rest of the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 35- 40 minutes,or until the center springs back to the touch or a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
this is so good! the cake rose well above the 8" pan and looked wonderful. not to mention the whole house just smells so good. i was going to save it until later, after dinner, like i tell my kids. but it was calling my name. so i tatsted a sliver-then another- before i knew it this baby has suffered serious damage. so i came up here to post a review before i demolish the whole thing! seriously, i had alot of sour cream and this seemed like a good recipe to use someof it up, but i think i will always have to have it on hand now in case i feel like making this awesome cake
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">