Sour Cherry Shortbread Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I received this recipe from a friend. I like to add freshly grated lemon zest.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries (tart)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt; stir well.
- Add butter and mix with electric mixer on low speed until the mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- Add cherries and vanilla and mix until the cherries are evenly distributed, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Scrape half of dough from bowl onto a sheet of parchment paper and roll the dough out ¼ inch thick. Lift parchment paper onto a rimmed baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining piece of dough.
- Chill both baking sheets in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Remove baking sheets from the refrigerator. Using a sharp knife or cookie cutter, cut the dough into 2-inch rounds (or shape of your choice).
- Place cookies on baking sheets. Keep cookies refrigerated until ready to bake.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, on center rack of oven for 20 to 25 minutes each.
- Cool on the baking sheet for at least 20 minutes, then dust with confectioners’ sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION