Soupe a L'oseille Et Aux Petits Pois - Sorrel and Pea Soup
A hearty soup from the Perigord.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 quart hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sorrel, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- Heat 1 tbs butter in a soup pot, Add the peas and the garlic, and heat them through. Add the flour, and stir this, making sure the flour is all dissolved.
- Add 1 quart of hot or boiling water.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped onion, and simmer the soup for 45 minutes.
- Fry the sorrel in 1 tbs butter in a small pan, and add this to the soup.
- Finally, beat the egg yolk, and add this to the soup just before serving to make it smooth.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A delightful soup that we enjoyed for lunch today! I used fresh peas and fresh sorrel from my garden. I also added a little creme fraiche to make it a wee bit creamier, although the egg yolk did thicken it to a nice consistancy. We ate this with fresh bread, toast, pates and terrines, along with some Lovage Butter for an added herbal dimension. Made for the Magic of Herbs event in the Photo's Forum.......merci Melissa! FT:-)Reply