Sopranos' Baked Chicken With Potatoes, Lemon & Oregano
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon. Slice the other one.
- Put the chicken and potatoes in a baking pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Sprinkle the lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Turn the pieces to coat evenly, then turn the chicken skin side up. Tuck the lemon slices and potatoes in between the chicken pieces.
- Bake the chicken for 45 minutes. Baste with the pan juices. Continue to bake, basting occasionally, for 15 to 30 minutes longer or until the chicken is browned and the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the chicken, potatoes, and lemon slices to a serving platter. Tip the pan and skim off the fat. Pour the juices over the chicken and serve.
- NOTES: Red potatoes are yummy, too!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
No rating. This is just to let folks know that the recipe as shown is wrong. The original recipe calls for one chicken (about 3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered. Everything else is the same as in the book, but if someone actually used the boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the temperature and length of time this calls for they'd be way overcooked.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I'm very blessed with a daughter and 3 sons, all teens who don't hate me lol. I am passionate about my family, and being an Italian family makes us all foodies by nature! I love to cook just about anything that's rustic style, and I eat fairly naturally and vegetarian.