- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup long grain rice, washed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 ounces cans plum tomatoes, chopped,reserving the juice
- 1⁄4 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cook rice, onion and garlic in oil,preferably in an electric skillet,stirring until rice is lightly browned.
- Stir in tomato, Paces,juice from tomato and chicken broth such that you add a total of 2 cups liquid in addition to the Paces.
- Simmer covered until liquid is absorbed (about 20 minutes), without stirring.
- Top with cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese before serving.
Join The Conversation