MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a wonderful cheese fondue with lots of flavor and very family friendly. If serving with potatoes, recipe #90822 is an excellent choice to offer with this fondue.
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup apple cider (reserve 3 tbs) or 1 cup apple juice (reserve 3 tbs)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, hand grated (12 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash white pepper
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with the onion and garlic and leave the onions and garlic in the bottom of the fondue pot.
- Add the cider (minus 3 tbs), lemon juice and zest to the garlic and onions.
- Heat this mixture in the fondue pot until bubbly.
- Gradually stir in cheese until melted.
- Blend together the mustard, cornstarch and reserved 3 tbs. of cider until smooth.
- Add to the cheese mixture and stir until creamy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Season with white pepper.
- Serve with sliced apples, pears, sautéed mushrooms, cooked potatoes, breadï¿½ etc.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Loved this! Made for Valentine's Day family fondue night. Used Tillamook sharp cheddar which was fantastic. Be sure to hand grate the cheese, don't use pre-shredded. Served with bread cubes, multigrain and sourdough, rye pretzels, mushrooms cut in half, and baby carrots cut in half. Thanks for sharing the recipe!1Reply