Solo Microwave Chicken and Rice
I developed the recipe as a give away item while I was working at a cooking supply store that had many college students as customers. The Anchor Hocking Microwave Popcorn Popper works very well for this solo dish and fits into most microwaves found on college campuses.
- Ready In:
- 1 small boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice (, Not instant)
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Put butter into a Microwave Popcorn Popper or a glass casserole dish, and microwave on high for one minute.
- Add the uncooked rice, and stir until all the grains are coated in the butter.
- Add everything else, and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Let sit for an additional 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.