Solo Chicken Breast and Wild Rice
Cooking the chicken breast whole, will keep the meat moist, and following the ordering of layers will ensure that flavors trickle down into the rice. Feel free to play with the spices. Cooking is a Creative Sport
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, and the liquid
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the wild rice and the chicken broth in a covered sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Cover the chicken breast with the olive oil and then the salt and pepper.
- When the wild rice is cooked, place into a baking dish, place on top the chicken breast, next the onion, and finally, pour the mushrooms and the liquid from the can.
- Cover, and bake in a 350 degree (f) oven for 45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a perfect base recipe; a good foundation for your culinary imagination. Tonight I "kicked it up a notch." I doubled the amounts since there are two of us. While the wild rice was cooking, I lightly fried 2 andoulle sausages chopped. When done I lightly sautéed onions and 2 cloves of garlic in the andouille oil and a splash of EVOO. Instead of salt and pepper on the chicken breast, I used Cajun seasoning (Penzy's). When the rice was done, I added the andouille and mixed together. I also used 2 four oz cans of mushrooms, using the liquid from only 1 can. From there I followed the rest of the original recipe. Thank you Bill !!!Reply
see 2 more