Sole With Lemon and Capers - Bonnie Stern
We had this for supper tonight, and I do believe this is the only way I'm going to prepare my fish from now on. I'm not even sure I can describe it any other way but to say "Out Of This World". This is so simple, it's hard to believe it delivers such flavour. I received this recipe in a Bonnie Stern newsletter. I don't think I've ever been disappointed in any recipe of hers I've tried. I hope you will agree. The salad dressing in the photo is from recipe #346159. In preparing this recipe, I opted to use a mixture of olive oil and recipe #245811 for frying.
- Ready In:
- 4 sole fillets
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse the fillets and pat dry. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge fillets in flour, then dip into the beaten egg. Re-dip into flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook fish for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Drain any excess oil from the skillet. Return to the heat, adding the lemon juice and capers. Deglaze the pan while scraping any browned bits into the sauce.
- Remove from heat and add the pepper and parsley. Pour over fillets and serve.