Sole and Spinach Casserole
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- Cook fresh spinach in a tightly covered saucepan with no liquid added.
- (If using frozen spinach, drain thoroughly but do not cook).
- Combine spinach with onion and spread in a shallow nonstick baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Add milk, sprinkle with cheese, and arrange fillets over cheese in a single layer.
- Sprinkle dish with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a wonderfull, tasty, healthy casserole. I used fresh spinach and a gouda light cheese. Just made half a recipe for the two of us, worked fine! The sole, spinach, lemon and cheese really compliment each other and the paprika is a nice finish, very nice presentation. We will be making this one again, thanks for sharing!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LOVE to cook and eat and read cookbooks. My kitchen really does overfloweth with them and of course this has quickly become my favorite cooking site! I live with my husband in a small town in eastern Connecticut. We are both retired. My children are all grown and have families of their own now. Our 3 grandchildren and 1 great-granddaughter all live in Florida and it goes without saying that we miss them very much, so when my husband retired last year we celebrated by buying a small RV! We so enjoyed driving it to Florida to spend the holidays with the little ones. Although COVID has prevented us from repeating the trip this year, I am enjoying learning new recipes to make in our RV for next year. I think the Instant Pot and the Crock Pot will be my new best friends while traveling!