Soft Maple Sugar Candy
- Ready In:
- maple syrup (as much as you want, i'm going to experiment with a cup or two, must be the real thing!)
- coffee filter
- heat maple syrup to a temperature of approximately 32-34oF above the boiling temperature of pure water (212 degrees F at sea level).
- pour the syrup into a flat pan or trough and allow it to cool undisturbed to at least 200F but not less than 160°F.
- stir until the syrup is soft and plastic.
- pour or pack it into molds. Molded candies commonly set up in 10 to 30 minutes. Candies formed by pouring rather than packing will have an attractive glazed surface.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in new westminster, bc. I'm currently doing tech support for a living but I may be moving on to something more rewarding soon. I have two giant cats. I like to cook and bake. I have a passion for healing craft. I'll be starting my first garden in the spring. and I can't think of anything else interesting right now.