Soft Drink Jelly
photo by Kenny
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle carbonated beverages
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope liquid pectin
- Combine soft drink and sugar in a heavy sauce pot.
- Bring to boil and boil one minute.
- Add pectin.
- Stirring constantly, bring to another boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Ladle into clean hot jars seal with clean hot lids and bans.
- For those who prefer - Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
- NOTE: I use and prefer the inversion method for this recipe.
- Cook time is estimate.
As a first time jelly maker I found this recipe super easy to follow! For my 'soft drink' I chose root beer soda...and it turned out really tasty! It's quite delicious with some brie on a cracker, or on a biscuit with some butter in the morning. It made 7 - 4oz jelly jars for me...all but two have been given away. I'll be experimenting with different soft drinks as I will most definitely be making this again....and again...and again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a busy mom of one. I started my own business in 2004 which actually allows me to work less hours and devote more time with my son. Its a lot less stess too. In our spare time, my son and I love to go fishing. I love to make jellies, bake and read romance novels and cookbooks.