Soft Boiled Eggs With Saltines
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is our family recipe and the way we always ate our soft-boiled eggs! I carry on the tradition.
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 6 -8 saltine crackers, approximately
- butter (optional) or margarine (optional)
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil and carefully lower the eggs into the water. Once water boils again, boil the eggs for approximately 3 1/2 minutes. (The eggs should be slightly runny but not hard-boiled.)
- Drain. Use a clean towel to handle the eggs and gently tap in half. Scoop out the egg using a spoon and place into a small bowl. Repeat.
- For each soft-boiled egg serving, I would guess that we used about 3-4 saltines. If you wish you can lightly butter the saltines, in which case you would break the crackers up with a knife. For unbuttered saltines, crush the saltine crackers lightly with your hands and place in the bowl with the shelled eggs.
- Using a fork, mix well; breaking up the eggs into small pieces. Season to taste with cracked black pepper and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this for one person using only 1 egg and about 4 crackers. This is a super quick meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The next time I made it, I fried up ground breakfast sausage to add when I was adding the crushed up crackers. I'm sure crumbled bacon or shredded cheese would be good. Make sure everything is ready to go as the egg(s) will cool quickly. S&P is a must. This is a great recipe.Reply