So Much More Than Garlic Butter Grilled Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 1 (20 -30 count) package large shrimp, shell on
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper (3 grinds )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you like it hot)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (can be jarred)
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 lemon, juice of
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Separate shrimps into two large freezer bags. Add all marinade ingredients, seal bags and shake well. Let marinate in refrigerator anywhere from 1/2 hour to 3 hours maximum. *Note, shrimp can be defrosted in marinade if time is tight, and will come out just as good.
- Preheat BBQ to medium-low heat. Meanwhile, in a small microwavable bowl, dump basting sauce ingredients together, then microwave until butter is melted. Give it a stir and set aside. Remove shrimps from marinade and discard marinade liquid. If your shrimps are on the small side, thread them onto metal skewers, but if they are the jumbo variety you can grill them as is.
- Grill, with shells still on, basting with sauce and turning as each side turns pink and opaque, removing each shrimp or shrimp skewer once cooked, to a platter tented with foil.
- Serve immediately with lots of napkins, peel and eat. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is by far the best shrimp recipe I've ever tried. My whole family loved it and wished that I had doubled the recipe!! I followed the ingredients and instructions exactly as written and it was fabulous. I also discovered that this recipe is just as good pan fried as grilled. Thanks so much mangosteen, this one's a keeper!!