So Easy Mexican Pizza
photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 lb ground beef (pref. gorund sirloin)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) packet taco seasoning, any brand
- 8 large tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sliced black olives (to garnish) (optional)
- chopped cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper, for taste
- Coat bottom of large skillet lightly with olive oil.
- Saute garlic on medium heat until light brown.
- Saute meat, adding taco seasoning once meat is broken up and cooking.
- Once meat is cooked, ad drained beans and tomatoes. Cook mixture till vegetables are cooked through.
- Arrange tortillas on a round, pizza style baking sheet, overlapping each tortilla until the whole sheet is covered. Bake on 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with chili meat and then cover with cheese (and olives if desired) and return to a 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes so the cheese doesn't fall apart when cut.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!