So Easy Black Forest Cake
this is my spin on a black forest cake easy for a working mom
- Ready In:
- 1 chocolate cake mix (i used a dark chocolate fugde)
- 3 large eggs
- cherry pie filling
- whipped topping
- pre heat oven to 325(mine is a comvection oven).
- mix together all ingredients
- spray pam into the pan.
- put onto a 9 x 13 non stick cake pan.
- bake about 40min.
- cool one hour
- put in ice box after first use also can do after cooling before serving.
- top with a cool whip or whipped cream if you like.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I was looking for a super easy black forest cake and this is it! For the topping I folded about 1/2 of a container of chocolate frosting into the whipped cream and spread it on the cooled cake. I topped it with slivered almonds and some cherries that I reserved from the pie filling. The cake was very spongy, a nice change from the typical cakes I make. I baked it in a regular oven at 350 for about 30 minutes.