I saw that there are tons of snickerdoodle recipes on zaar, but I didn't see this one!! I found the recipe in cooking light and besides being simple to make they taste amazing!!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a medium bowl; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt; stirring well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat just until combined.
- In a small shallow dish combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls and roll in sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes or until tops crack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Reviewed as part of PAC 09 Spring. A very good cookie. The outside had a nice, delicate crisp while still having a chewy inside. It is very cinnamony- but that's what a snickerdoodle is all about. I baked on a plain cookie sheet and a non-stick cookie sheet. The plain cookie sheet took 8 minutes and the non-stick took 10 minutes. 11 yr old DD took the picture.2Reply