photo by celiawhitehead
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine first 4 ingredients, blend well.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt, blend well.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon, roll balls in sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 - 10 minutes or until set.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I chose this recipe over the others on this site because this was one of the few that did not contain shortening, which is basically a vat of hydrogenated oil (trans fat). These were fantastic! I made large cookies, 19 in total, which were perfectly cooked after 10 minutes. The dough is sticky, but very manageable. The only thing I did different than the recipe called for was sift the dry ingredients and add them to the wet ingredients in three batches.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I used to cook a lot but now that the children have grown and flew the nest I find it hard to cook for one, my DH passed away and now there is just me. I still cook but not the big meals as I used to make, now they would last me a month.</p>