"sneaky" Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes Kids Love
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup zucchini, finely grated
- 1 cup carrot, finely grated
- 16 ounces chocolate frosting (I like Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add tot he creamed mixture alternately with the yogurt, beating well after each addition.
- FOld in zucchini and carrots.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; once cool frost cupcales and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation