Smothered Pork Chops
- Ready In:
- 5 pork chops, about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet coating mix (Shake 'n Bake original pork seasoned coating mix)
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pork gravy
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat pork chops with coating mix, as directed on package. Place in single layer in a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Toss sliced onions with oil; place over chops.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cooked through. Pour gravy over chops; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I recently celebrated my 19th anniversary living in SW Florida. I moved here from Massachusetts, just north of Boston. As much as I miss family back home, I truly love living here - the beaches, the tropical beauty, the people, and the weather (except the hurricanes!). Everyday is just another day in Paradise. I work at the new international airport here in Fort Myers. I have an opportunity to meet many different and interesting people from around the world. I've had an interest in cooking since I was a little boy, following my grandmother around the kitchen. Since I wasn't blessed with any artistic or musical talent, I think cooking was my way of being creative. My passion is my family and friends. My second passion is cooking for them. My favorite way to entertain is informally...brunches, cookouts, and small dinner parties. Just relaxing, enjoying each other's company, some good food and drink, and a little fun are the only rules of the house.</p>