Smothered Mexican Lasagna
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Someone sent this to me in email -- looks really good!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, diced, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the ground turkey in a large, deep skillet. Stir in green onions, taco seasoning mix, water, diced tomatoes with juice, and green chiles with juice. Reduce heat to medium and simmer.
- While turkey mix is simmering, in a medium bowl, mix together ricotta and eggs. Place 2 tortillas in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Spread 1/4 of the ricotta mixture on tortillas. Spoon 1/4 of the meat mixture over the cheese. Repeat layers until all is used up. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and salsa. Garnish individual servings with this topping.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION