Smothered Filet Mignon
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
"A great combination of flavors. Serve with some mashed garlic red potatoes and sweetened green beans for a fabulous special occasion meal. Don't forget to serve a bottle of Cabernet or Zinfandel."
- Ready In:
- 4 (6 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- seasoning salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups onions, slices
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Season steaks with seasoned salt and black pepper, and arrange in a single layer in a large baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and rosemary.
- Pour mixture over filets, and turn to coat. Marinate for up to 30 minutes.
- While you are marinating the meat, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion slices in butter until soft, then stir in sugar. Continue cooking until onions are caramelized. Set aside.
- Preheat grill for high heat on one side, and medium heat on the other side.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place steaks on the hot side of the grill, and cook for 10 minutes, turning once.
- When the steaks are almost done, move to the cooler side of the grill.
- Top each filet with a quarter of the caramelized onions and blue cheese. Close the lid, and continue cooking until the cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION