Smothered Chicken Fajitas
- Ready In:
- Slice up all of bell peppers, mushrooms and onions, clean seeds out of habanero pepper and dice up. Set aside.
- Dice up chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- In a large skillet add chicken pieces and cover with enough water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, 30 minutes.
- Drain any water from skillet.
- Add chicken pieces back to skillet and add all the bell peppers, onion, habanero chili pepper and mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and steam chicken and veggies 5 minutes.
- Drain again if any water is in skillet.
- Add back to skillet and add the monterey jack cheese.
- Stir all together until melted.
- Place 2-3 Tablespoons of mixture onto 1 floured tortilla and roll up. Repeat until mixture is all used up.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: you can fry the floured tortilla with mixture after rolled up with alittle olive oil until lightly brown on both sides for a crispy crunch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello to everyone! :) <br> <br>This is of me in the year 2007 and my Icon is my two boys. <br> I am from Lakewood Wa. but I am orginally from Hickory North Carolina, where I was born and raised.I moved to Washington to marry my second husband, who I met on the internet from a dating site called kiss.com. We both enjoy fishing. Mineral Lake is where we go on the weekends during the fishing season. I talk about going to the lake alot but its just because I love to get away from the big city since I'm a country girl at heart. I enjoy this website and I really love the new recipes I have found. Did I mention I love this site!! ? :) <br> <br> <br>Participation & Awards: <br> <br><img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/world.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <br> <br><img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/ZaarWorldTourPartBanner.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Derfcookathon.jpg"><img src="http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/484938/Spelling-Bee-stick2jpg.jpg"><img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/holidaylightssticker.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Kaffee-sticker.jpg"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/PastastickerJPEG.jpg"> <br><li><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Flourpowersticker.jpg"><img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/SoupsandsaladSTICKER.jpg"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/TasteofYellowSTICKER.jpg"> <br><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BBQlSTKR.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/FISHSEAFDSTICKER.jpg"> <br><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/AMpageSticker.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/RedRose_FSsticker.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/LiteLowSTKR.jpg"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/EZSTKR.jpg"> <br>