Smothered Chicken and Andouille Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb andouille sausage, quartered and sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Season breasts with Tony Chachere's. Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown, about 3 minutes each side. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add sliced sausage to skillet and brown, approximately 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium. add onions, celery, and bell pepper, and saute until onions are translucent. Return chicken and sausage to the skillet, and add garlic and water. Stir to incorporate. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 45 minutes. Add green onions and parsley.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi. I live in the middle of nowhere with my wonderful husband, 3 ferrets, 2 cats, and 2 dogs. I like to cook, so thats why I'm here.