Smoky Paprika Lamb Shank Parcels
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (300 g) lamb shanks
- 2 truss tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 40 ml red wine
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- purple basil leaves and finely grated lemon rind, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Place the paprika, salt and oil in a bowl and mix to combine. Rub the lamb shanks with the paprika mixture.
- Cut 4 x 30cm (12in) squares of non-stick baking paper and layer 2 sheets to make 2 squares. (We had to cut an extra larger piece to enclose the shank).
- Divide the onion, tomato, chilli, garlic, bay leaves and thyme between the paper and place in the centre.
- Top each square with a shank.
- Place the wine and brown sugar in a bowl and mix to combine. Divide between the squares.
- Bring the ends of the paper together and secure with kitchen string to enclose.
- Place the parcels on a large baking tray and roast for 2 hours or until tender.
- Place the parcels in bowls and open carefully, allowing the steam to escape. Top with basil leaves and sprinkle with lemon rind to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!