Smoky Hawaiian Chicken Salad
I was obsessed with this chicken salad when it was served at Long John Silvers in the late '80s. It was eventually removed from the menu and massive cravings led me to develop my own formula and reproduce it at home. The smokehouse almonds are the secret ingredient. I have tried it with both mayonnaise and Miracle Whip but the Miracle Whip is much more authentic. Sweet, smoky and super tasty!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 cups boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup almonds, smoked flavor,finely chopped (almost ground)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- Toss the first five ingredients together until the almond chips coat all of the ingredients.
- Fold in the Miracle Whip and blend well.
- Chill for a minimum of an hour before serving in order to let the flavors develop (cooking time is actually chill time).
- Serve a large scoop on a bed of lettuce with buttery crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I love chicken salads and have them for lunch quite often. This one was very good. My attention was drawn to it because of the lovely picture. I am so glad because my husband and I both enjoyed this very much. The smoked almonds really are a key ingredient and give this a unique flavor. Thanks for sharing it.