Smoky Cheese and Pumpkin Mini Quiches
- Ready In:
24 Mini Quiches
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut pastry into 7cm circles with a fluted cutter, press into shallow patty pans.
- Cook bacon and onion in frying pan until bacon is crisp, drain.
- Stir bacon mixture into combined pumpkin, cheese, egg, milk and nutmeg, spoon into pastry cases.
- Cut extra bacon into thin strips, roll up, place a piece on each quiche.
- Bake at 200C for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 180C, bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh, these were fantastic!!! I made them for PAC Fall 2007, so I had no special occasion in mind, thought they would be nice for lunchboxes....however, they didn't make it that far!! The family finished them off in short order! I was preparing and freezing a box of fresh vegetables, so I just took a few of the pumpkin chunks out and froze the rest, everything else came out of fridge and freezer, they were quickly put together and baked whilst I was busy with other kitchen stuff. The pumpkin is not overpowering, it just adds a nice moistness to the baby quiches. The overall flavour is wonderfully savoury...you will note that there is no salt & pepper or other seasonings apart from the nutmeg, all the flavour comes from the ingredients, and they taste so good! Thank you for a great recipe, Jewelies!