Smokin' Barbecue Meatloaf
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In 'SOS! The Six O'Clock Scramble to the Rescue' by Aviva Goldfarb
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 2 lbs ground turkey or 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup oats (or use a combination) or 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (or use a combination)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or 1/2 t. chipotle chili powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 375° and spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.
- Put the mixture in the loaf pan and smooth it into a loaf shape.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour (or up to 70 minutes), or until it is cooked through (a thermometer should read 165° for chicken or turkey, 160° for beef.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes if time allows, then cut it into slices and serve.
- The meatloaf can also be refrigerated for up to 2 days and serve warm or cold in sandwiches.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION