Smokey Brats & Spinach Pasta
photo by Pureyum
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 3 bratwursts (smoked and cut diagonally into bite size pieces)
- 3 -4 large garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach (thawed)
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion (chopped into 3/4 inch squares)
- 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- The Brats -- I only use 3, but it doesn't make sense to smoke only three when there are generally 5 to a package, so I smoke them all and use the rest in other recipes. You can use pre-smoked brats, if you prefer, but they should be a really good smokehouse type.
- In 12" sauce pan melt butter on medium heat, add garlic, salt and saute until butter just starts to turn brown. Add onions, cook until soft, add mushrooms just until softly saturated. Gently stir in spinach, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper and brats. Turn heat to low cover and simmer while while pasta is prepared.
- Prepare pasta per package instructions, once done and drained, fold into spinach mixture thoroughly. It's ready to serve! This can also be done in the same manner using smoked chicken breast.
- You can of course, be creative and add some grated parmesean, or crushed red pepper to give it a little kick.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!