photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 1 lb butter
- 8 cups small dice celery
- 8 cups small dice onions
- 8 cups small dice bell peppers
- 12 cups beef broth
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
- 1⁄2 cup creole seasoning, such as Tony Chachere's
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies, such as Rotel
- 1 (36 ounce) package wild rice, with seasoning packet
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 11 quarts bbq meat, such as hickory-smoked beef brisket, turkey breast, sausage and baby back rib meat
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a large ovenproof pot, heat the butter. Saute the celery, onions and peppers until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the broth, Worcestershire, hot sauce, seasoning, tomatoes with chiles, rice, tomatoes and the meat, and combine thoroughly. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.