Smoked Sausage Casserole
photo by samt53_10089201
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons oil (I actually use bacon fat)
- 32 ounces southern style hash browns, thawed
- 14 ounces smoked sausage, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced onions or 1/2 diced onion
- 1 -2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 3 ounces cooked bacon bits
- 1 . 5 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 family sized can cream of chicken soup
- Heat 12" skillet to medium high, then add oil.
- Add potatoes, smoked sausage, onion and cajun seasoning. Cook until browned, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, allow to at least melt partially.
- Add soup, folding in to combine fully.
- Pour into slightly greased 9 X 13 pan. Put into preheated 350 degree oven; cook for 30 - 35 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Remove and let stand 5 - 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!