Smoked Salmon Appetizers
- Ready In:
- 2 sheets puff pastry shells
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut 2 inch rounds from pasty sheets (a small juice glass works well).
- Place in greased muffin tins.
- Top dough rounds with flaked salmon.
- Mix cream cheese, chives and lemon juice until creamy.
- Place cream cheese mixture into small ziplock baggie and snip off the end of one corner. Pipe the cream cheese mixture onto the salmon by squeezing it through the hole in the baggie. Use about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese per dough/salmon.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for the FYC Tag Game - I departed from your recipe by making this as a tart so I could serve it for a larger-than-normal New Year family brunch. I had issues, but they may have been of my own making. The puff pastry didn't seem to work well as a tart, so my plan will be to make your version of the recipe in ramekins as a 2nd effort later this wk. I used strips of smoked salmon & believe thin slices covering the entire surface of the puff pastry will be better able to create a layered effect. Finally, I wonder if it's necessary to pipe the cream cheese mixture onto the pastry/salmon. It basically cooks(melts) to a flat surface anyway & a lot of time will be saved by gently spreading it over the salmon instead. Altho I took a pic, I'm not going to post it until later this wk after I've given the recipe a 2nd try. That said, Siggi's family members made a point to mention how much they loved it & I agreed w/them. :-)