Smoked Paprika Sweet Potatoes (Puree or Mashed)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes or 4 lbs orange yams
- 1⁄3 cup fat free cream (or condensed milk, or real cream)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika (sweet or hot is fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (use less if using chili flakes) or 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (use less if using chili flakes)
- 2 pinches black pepper
- Pierce washed potatoes, wrap in foil, place on baking tray in oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until very tender.
- When cooled just enough to handle, peel off the skin and cut into chunks that fit your food processor or extremely powerful blender.
- Melt the butter and the spices together in the microwave.
- Blend the potato with the melted spiced butter and the cream following the instructions of your processor or blender, serve when blended throughout.
- *I used an extremely high powered blender (a vita mix) and had to stop and stir while pureeing multiple times so as to not burn out the motor. If it is too thick, add some more cream or milk to get it to the consistency you want it. Feel free to add more smoked paprika if you enjoy the flavor as much as I do!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'd like to think of my self as an aspiring cook, I started cooking when I was just a wee little kid. My first concoction was what I called "pudding" and I made it in the microwave ( I suppose it was good of my parents to pretend to like what I made, it encouraged me to keep trying) I've always really enjoyed cooking, whether it's trying new pastry or meat recipes I'm always in the kitchen. I actually started doing most of the cooking for my family the last couple of years and I can tell my parents are happy that they don't have to cook anymore.