Smoked Paprika Roasted Salmon With Wilted Spinach
This is from an ad for McCormick Smoked Paprika. It looks really good in the picture. Prep time includes marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach leaves
- Mix orange juice, 2 Tbsp of the oil and 1 tsp of the thyme in a small bowl.
- Place salmon in a large glass dish. Add the marinade; turn to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (or longer for extra flavor.).
- Mix sugar, paprika, cinnamon, orange peel, remaining 1 tsp thyme and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Remove salmon from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Place in a greased foil-lined baking pan. Rub top of salmon evenly with smoked paprika mixture.
- Roast salmon in preheated 400 degree oven 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tsp of oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add spinach; cook and stir 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Serve Salmon over spinach.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yum! This salmon is really good. I made this as directed, but marinated it for about 4 hours. We liked the seasoning mix, but next time, I think I would cut the cinnamon in half - seemed like a little too much to us. The flavor of the orange zest and juice was really good. Thanks Heather for a great salmon dish. Made for PAC Fall 2008.Reply