Smiley Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by StellaMontera
- Ready In:
1 1/2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 -2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets with butter and sprinkle a little flour on the cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Add in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Flatten the cookies a little bit so they won't be large mounds.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!