Smashed Potato-Broccoli Casserole
photo by jessymroberts
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb potato
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Quarter potatoes, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 3/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Return potatoes and reserved liquid to pan; mash with a potato masher until slightly chunky.
- Add broccoli, onion, cottage cheese, dill weed, salt, pepper and sour cream.
- Spoon mixture into sprayed casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Outstandingly delicious! Easy to do, and we love broccoli so this is another variation for my rotations. You could make this ahead, refrigerated, and then bake. utahmomtotwo you should consider adding the category Make Ahead to your recipe. Thank you utahmomtotwo for posting a keeper! Made for I Recommend tag.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I lost 75 pounds using Weight Watchers and have been maintaining that loss since October 2006. I love to cook and try new recipes. I am always looking for new recipes and have been known to read cookbooks for fun. Lucky for me my family is eager to try new foods so I get to experment often. <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket>