Small-Batch Blueberry Butter
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh wild blueberries (do not thaw) or 1 1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries (do not thaw)
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup vanilla sugar (or 1 cup regular sugar)
- 1 vanilla bean (if using regular sugar)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed saucepot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer 1 hour, stirring frequently to prevent sticking and mashing the fruit against the sides of the pot to smooth it out.
- The butter is done when it is thick and spreadable. Remove vanilla bean if using.
- Can in a water bath or spoon into clean jars and keep in the fridge up to 6 weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"