Slushed Slushy Slush
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 20mins
- 7 cups water
- 4 tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade, thawed
- 750 ml vodka
- 1 (2 liter) ginger ale (1-2) or (2 liter) 7-up (1-2)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add tea bags for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Pour into the large container you will be freezing it in .
- Add your cans of orange juice and lemonade, stir well.
- Add vodka, stir well.
- Freeze! It takes about 24-36 hours to freeze properly.
- Once frozen, scoop out into glasses (about 1/2 full) and add gingerale or 7-up.
- Let the party begin!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This reminds me of a punch you'd serve at a bridal shower or baby shower. Its so sweet you can't even taste the vodka. Perfect slushy texture. I might not add as much ginger ale next time. I think it makes it a bit too sweet....however, this is "the" perfect summertime drink...it'll cool you off, and is absolutely no work once you put it in the freezer. Thanks for sharing this refreshing recipe. Made for TYM tag.
Well, I suppose you could say that I totally messed up this recipe, 'CAUSE I DID NOT MAKE IT WITH THE VODKA! However, it is a great tasting drink, nevertheless, & well worth keeping around not taking up room in the refrigerator! Absolutely GREAT, & thanks for sharing! [Tagged as a bonus recipe, then made & reviewed in AUS/NZ Recipe Swap, Mar 08]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I have a wonderful husband and two fantastic kids. I love to read, have fun with family and friends, stay active with: running; soccer; golf; biking; hiking; and gardening. I love to travel. I'm looking forward to more international travel someday. Cooking has become a passion for me. I love to read cookbooks, watch the Food Network, and try new recipes. I have way too many cookbooks! A few of my favorites are: Barefoot Contessa (any - but especially 'Family Style'),Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals 2, Roasting by Barbara Kafka, Beyond Parsley & The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook. I try to carefully choose recipes that I think my family will enjoy, which is why most of my ratings are 3-5 stars. Happy cooking!