Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 40mins
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cold water
- Place chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid.
- Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickend.
- Enjoy! -- over cooked hot rice of your choice.
Join The Conversation