Slow Cooker Steak Soup
I found this recipe in Southern Living and made it the other night for dinner. I don't know why it is called a soup there is really no broth. This to me is more like a stick to your ribs stew. I used carne asada cubed. This was so good. Try it with a good garlic bread. Awesome!
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 30mins
- 1 (2 lb) package top round steaks, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 5 baking potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 -2 teaspoon pepper
- Toss together steak and flour.
- Brown steak in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir together browned steak, 4 cups water, and remaining ingredients in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on high 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.